II. Storage PrecautionsRetro-reflective sheeting should be stored in ventilated, dry, cool warehouse. Packing boxes should not touch the ground directly, but should be put on the tray or pad and the stack should not exceed 5 layers. Storage period should not exceed one year.
III. Cutting Precautions
1. Before use, firstly examine box label and check whether the type, specification and color consistent; if they are not consistent, please don’t open the packing box, and contact us immediately.
2. Working Environment: Retro-reflective sheeting should be kept for over 24 hours in the environment where the temperature is 18～28℃ (the environment temperature for CA3100 and EG5100 etc. PET type reflective film can be 18～28℃) and the relative humidity is 30 ~ 60%, and workplace and tools should be kept clean.
3. While stretching out the retro-reflective sheeting, we should place the face side of retro-reflective sheeting upside to prevent tools or hard objects grazing. While cutting the high-intensity grade retro-reflective sheeting, the operator would better wear silk or cotton gloves; cut off the retro-reflective sheeting with a sharp blade in the 10 ° ~ 30 ° angle to prevent the rough selvedge. After being cut, the face side of the retro-reflective sheeting should also face up and the cut retro-reflective sheeting should be put on the platform which is bigger than the cut retro-reflective sheeting; the use of retro-reflective sheeting with a tunnel phenomenon should be strictly prohibited. If the cut retro-reflective sheeting is not used in time, please put it into plastic bags and fasten them to prevent moisture absorption. When we stack the same size and shape of small size retro-reflective sheeting, the stack height should be controlled and don’t pressure those retro-reflective sheeting with any heavier items.
4. The remnant retro-reflective sheeting shall be rolled tightly on the base paper tube For the remnant retro-reflective sheeting, we should roll them tightly on the base paper tube, fix the two ends and middle part of retro-reflective sheeting breadth with adhesive tapes，put them into plastic bags and then put them into original packing boxes after fixing the plastic stents; don’t put the remnant retro-reflective sheeting directly on the ground or lean against the wall to prevent appearance of the tunnels and wrinkles phenomena.
5. When carving characters on the high-intensity grade retro-reflective sheeting, please use a sharp cutter head with an appropriate angle and keep pressure and carving speed appropriate. If the cutter head is too sharp, it is easy to fracture at the corner in the process of carving characters.
6. Retro-reflective sheeting with different batch numbers should not be used in the same sign.
1. Substrate Choice: clean, smooth aluminum sheet or stainless steel sheet are recommended. Pasting retro-reflective sheeting directly on the surfaces of the plastic, rubber, wood and fiberglass is not recommended. As retro-reflective sheeting can not have good adhesion with some plastics containing adhesion preventives, unsaturated polyesters, plasticizers, oil, etc. So before pasting retro-reflective sheeting on the plastics, people must firstly assess the reliability of its use.
2. Substrate Polishing and Cleaning: The surfaces of the newly-manufactured aluminum sheets or stainless steel sheets are very smooth, which is not conductive to pasting. Polishing aluminum sheets or stainless steel sheets with No.400-500 sandpaper to ensure the good adherent property. Before being pasted, the aluminum sheets or stainless steel sheets must be scrubbed with degreasing solvent and washed clean by clear water.
3. Cleanliness Test of Substrate Surface: Pour water onto the pasting surface of the substrate, if the water forms even water film, we can judge the cleanliness of the substrate is qualified; if the water will not form even water film and has scattered water drops, we can judge the cleanliness of the substrate is not qualified.
4. Drying: After water washing and cleanliness test, drying process must be conducted.
(2) As CA3200, EG5200, EG7200, VG8200 and HG1800 retro-reflective sheeting have certain extensibility, excessive stretching and tear should be prevented in the process of pasting sheeting.
(3) If any dirty track appears on the surface in the pasting sheeting process, please use alcohol solvent or neutral detergent to clean, and don’t use ketones (e.g. acetone), esters (e.g. ethyl acetate) and other solvent to clean; damages caused by excessive force should be avoided.
(4) Don’t use the water pasting method.
(1) The adhesive is a cross linking type at room temperature, in order to achieve the best adhesive property, retro-retro-reflective markings are suggested to keep in room for 2-4 days after sheeting pasting.
(2) During transportation, signs should be separated with foam and other materials and tied tightly to prevent the film surface damages caused by shaking and mutual friction.
1. Screen printing for CA3100 and EG5100 is not recommended; if users want to adopt screen printing, they should make their own assessment about applicability of screen printing. Other products are recommended to use YM580 series ink manufactured by our company or the users can choose acrylic or polyurethane type of special ink for retro-reflective sheeting; but the company is only responsible for the printing effects of the YM580 series ink. If users choose other ink, they shall have to self-evaluate and confirm their applicability.
2. For the methods of ink use and drying, please refer to relevant instruction manual. In event of printing with inappropriate ink by mistake, please dip a small amount of diluents with soft cloth to clean the ink, and then wipe retro-reflective sheeting quickly with dry cloth.